- All entries must have been designed by a Utah-based company or designer within the period of January 2017 through December 2017.
- Submissions must be the original work of the designer(s). Submissions can be made by anyone associated with the entry.
- All submissions must have been designed for a client or as a self-promotional piece. Unpublished work is ineligible.
- The design firm, designer, project name, client and printer (when applicable) must be specified on the entry form for eligibility.
- Student Entries: All work created as part of a college or university curriculum must be submitted in this category. Work is not required to be published and may be a self-promotional piece. Three outstanding students shall receive a Student Copper Ingot. Select “Student” in the 100 Show Online Entry System.
AIGA SLC Chapter reserves the right to forfeit any entry that does not meet these requirements.
HOW TO ENTER
We suggest you type up your entry information in a separate document and paste it into the online form.
For each entry, you will need to enter the following information:
- Title of Entry
- Designer/Agency Name
- If you are submitting as an AIGA member, please have your membership number ready. You can find your number here: https://my.aiga.org/Myaccount/Accountdetails.aspx
- Client name
- Design Problem
- What were the goals of the project? Who is the intended audience/users? If you can, describe the issue that needed to be solved or addressed. 350 words max
- Design Solution
- Describe why the design solution was appropriate to the project’s objectives. How was the solution successful? 350 words max
- Select a category. All entries are judged together, but we like to track which pieces are falling into specific categories. If you are entering as a student, you must select student as your category to be in the running for a student copper ingot.
- Upload up to 10 high res images
- These images will be used for judging, in the winners’ book and the presentation at the show, if selected.
- Choose imagery that best represents your work. Photos or digital compilations are acceptable, provide screen shots for web and motion entries. Capture screen shots at the largest possible resolution. Digital files must be high res and print ready. AIGA SLC reserves the right to request new images of any entry if needed.
- Project URL
- Web sites and apps will be judged as live, online sites. If your site or app is no longer active (for example, it was an event-related site or a holiday site), you may provide a designer-hosted URL. If it is not an active site, you may be asked to prove that it was an active site. Web site and all interactive entries must work within the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, or Safari web browsers.
- For motion work, do not submit video files for judging. A URL directing the viewer to the video is required (youtube, vimeo, instagram, etc.)
- If any links are password protected, please provide the password in the project information.
FEES & DEADLINES
March 26, 2018 (Late deadline April 1st)
AIGA Members – $60
Student Members – $40
Non-Members – $70
Student Non-Members – $50
We will share drop off instructions once 100 show winners are notified.
100 entries will be selected to receive “awards of excellence” in the form of certificates and placement in the 100 Show winners’ book and online winners’ gallery.
The top 7 professionals will receive Copper Ingots. There is no predetermined breakdown of how many of the winners will be print, web, motion, or other. The purpose of the show is to recognize the best design in Utah, regardless of the form it takes.
Three student projects will be recognized as Student Winners. Winning students will receive a Student Copper Ingot.